Sheriff’s deputies: Bedroom lamp caused fatal house fire
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- A fatal house fire in Dutchess County has been ruled accidental. According to Dutchess County Sheriff’s deputies, a lamp in an upper bedroom is what started the fire.
The fire broke out on Travis Road in the Town of Pleasant Valley last Friday morning. The victim was Marvin Mordkoff, 75. His wife got out of the house safely and was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
Deputies say the investigation is ongoing and they are awaiting final results.